Thursday, August 12, 2010

Model Mayhem

No seriously, that’s the site: www.modelmayhem.com And no, it’s Not Safe For Work (NSFW).

It’s a Facebook for Fotographers except with only one millionth the functionality. If Facebook ever introduces multiple ‘faces’ (for example a professional banking face, a friend face, a family face and a professional photographer face) I don’t see any reason for this site at all. But it has widespread acceptance amongst models, touch up artist (TUA), make up artists (MUA), photographers and hair stylists.

So as an upcoming awesome photographer, I wanted to get my name out there. Especially for models in Mississauga who might need a creative genius to take their portrait. A few people jumped to be my friend right away. I think the idea is, if you’re a stylist or photographer, you want as many connections as possible. It’s like when you’re single: date enough people and eventually you’ll hit if off with someone. And yeah, if I need a Touch Up Artist or Make-Up Artist, I’d probably start with my friends list before searching elsewhere (especially when a TUA can be anywhere in the world).

It’s just another step forward in learning to make great portraits.

No comments:

Post a Comment