Monday, August 16, 2010

A Contract More Binding Than Rogers’

Yeah I’m talking about a wedding. Yesterday, my cousin chose to get married on a Sunday, on the beach with her now ex-boyfriend Dave. Imagine looking out onto a beautiful Lake Huron beach, devoid of fat, pasty-white tourists (E-coli scare) and only the blue waves cresting gently while boats slowly sailed across the horizon.

It was a beautiful day to be sure. I loved the chardonnay which surprised me – I’ve never seen Tobi drink a drop in my life. Her sister Jenn had assistants scouring the wedding for photos. They had far more expensive cameras and lenses than I. Knowing Tobi’s memories were in good hands, I took shots of the camera-women themselves: specifically Jenn laying flat on the main street of Kincardine photographing the couple casually walking down the street. Those driving were quite polite to stop. Mississaugans would not have been so kind.

For those of you keeping track, this would be the third daughter of Joyce and John Farrell to be wed. THe last is Tania who remains in the single scene, without a doubt the least neurotic of the Farrell sisters.

Just kidding Teresa/Tobi/Jenn. Please don’t hurt me.

3 comments:

  1. I would sleep one eye open Joel :) Our reach is far and wide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's only because Tania doesn't have a husband yet, it is the men in our lives that end up making us neurotic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy Elliott-GreenwoodAugust 21, 2010 at 1:19 PM

    Now now - we all need to play nice in the sand box. No throwing sand or hurtful things (like words) around.

    It was a lovely scene for a wedding.
    Hope Tobi and Dave are enjoying the DR!

    ReplyDelete